New School Year Info
School Supply Lists
Welcome to 2018-2019
Please see the information below for Frequently Asked Questions regarding the new year:
1. When does the school year begin?
August 16, 2018. The first bell rings at 7:50 AM.
2. What is the schedule of a regular day?
First Bell - 7:50 AM - Classes begin at 7:55 AM.
Final Bell - 3:45 PM
3. What is the specific schedule for my child?
Students and parents may visit the school to view schedules and request changes. Otherwise, information regarding schedules will be provided to all students on the first day of school.
4. Will there be an After School Program this year?
We are currently waiting on news from the Office of the Governor. We remain hopeful that we will receive funding.
5. When are lunches?
Each student is provided a 30 min lunch. Elementary lunches begin between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM but vary by class. Junior high lunch is at 12:00 PM and High school lunch is at 12:48 PM.
6. May I bring my student lunch?
Lunches may be brought to students, however, such lunches should arrive on time. Students will not be allowed to be late to class to finish a lunch that is brought in.
7. May students leave school for lunch?
Lometa School is a closed campus. Parents may request opportunities to take students to lunch on special occasions.
8. Can I eat with students at lunch.
Parents, guardians and those provided express permission in the "can pick up" documentation may visit with students during lunch. Other visitors must request permission from administration 24 hours in advance.
9. How can I obtain information regarding bus transportation to school?
Please call Jamie Smart at - 512-752-3384.
10. Where can I find information regarding school rules such as Dress Code?
Please click "Student Handbook and Student Code of Conduct" at left.
11. What other sources of electronic information are available?
There is a Lometa ISD Facebook Page and Twitter - @LometaISD. Parents may monitor class grades and attendance with Parent Portal. Please contact Tiffany Smart at 512-752-3384 regarding questions about Parent Portal.