Lometa ISD understands the value of community and family in education. We believe that it takes a strong partnership to ensure the social, emotional, and academic growth of our children. We are committed to increasing the engagement of families and our community in the education process through the following efforts:
Building Lines of Communication
Lometa ISD utilizes a variety of methods both formal and informal in order to facilitate effective communication among members of our educational community including:
- Parent information meetings
- Administrative Report (District Newsletter)
- Written communication in Home Language as needed.
- Phone/email communication with Parents
- Home Visits
- Parent Portal - Web access for student grades and attendance information.
- Lometa ISD Facebook Page
- Notify Me
- Remind 101
- Suggestion Box
Giving Opportunity for Parent/Student/Staff Interaction
Lometa Parents are invited and encouraged to participate in a number of school events with their students such as the following:
- Muffins with Moms
- Donuts with Dads
- Harvest Festival
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Christmas Program
- Parent/Community Volunteers
Providing Extended Support Hours
Lometa ISD provides extended hours through the After School Program to students, parents, and community members for:
- Homework Assistance
- Instruction in Positive Life Choices
- Open Gym - Physical Activities
- Family Literacy
- Open Library
- Family Computer Night
- Adult English classes
Increasing Family Input in Decision Making
Lometa ISD encourages parents to be involved in local decision-making and information gathering.
- Site-Based Decision Making Committee meetings
- Parent Committees such as Harvest Festival committee
- Suggestion Boxes
Providing Technology Access and Assistance
- Lometa ISD will equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning by providing free access and assistance:
- Broadband Internet resources.
- Emerging technologies.
- Assistance in utilizing technologies for family needs.
Encouraging Professional Growth Among Staff
- Lometa ISD is committed to providing culturally responsive, evidence-based strategies to school staff that support the education of the child and emphasize the value and impact of parent's contribution to school through a variety of means:
- Staff development offered at administrator, faculty, and department meetings
- Professional Conferences and Workshops
- Expert Trainings***
***Such trainings focus upon topics related to meeting to student and family needs such as:
- Developing staff skills to support families to meet their learning goals
- Supporting parent-child relationships in a way that values the culture and language of families
- Recognizing how different cultures may influence family development
- Developing effective communication strategies.
- Meeting Social Emotional needs of student and families.
- Providing students and families with assistance in parent leadership and support